About J.R.D. Tata Memorial (JRDTML) Library
The JRD Tata Memorial Library (JRDTML) completed its centenary year of establishment in 2011. Started in 1911, the library was one of the earliest central facilities to have been started by the Institute for teaching and research. Initially, the library was housed in the majestic main building. The library moved into the present premises in January 1965, built out of grants provided by University Grants Commission (UGC) in commemoration of the golden jubilee celebrations of the Institute in 1959. In 1995, the library was renamed as "J.R.D. Tata Memorial Library". The library is centrally located and its total area measures more than 5,000 sq. mts.
The primary objective of the library is to support the educational and research programs of the institute by providing physical and online access to information, consistent with the present and the anticipated educational and research functions of the institute. In accordance with the objectives of the institute, over the years, the library has been developing a comprehensive collection of peer-reviewed scholarly literature useful for the faculty and the research community of the institute. The secondary objective is to serve as a resource center for the scholars and scientific community of the country.